Each year, McDivitt Law Firm holds a state-wide PSA contest in the spring for high school students in Colorado. One of the biggest goals of McDivitt Makes a Difference is to keep our roads safe for everyone in the community, and this PSA contest is designed to help high school students send an effective safe-driving message to their peers. The contest has been held for more than 10 years, and each year the winning student or students have their choice of an award: a MacBook Pro with editing software, or a $1,500 gift card, and their winning PSA airs on local television in their market for 2 weeks. The school the student attends also receives a $500 donation from McDivitt. The videos are reviewed and voted on by executives at McDivitt Law Firm, including a video production specialist, as well as a team of advertising executives. Both groups are looking for quality of production and storytelling.
All PSA entries submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by two groups of people. The first, executives at McDivitt Law Firm, including a video production specialist, are looking for the content of the message. All entries will also be reviewed by a team of advertising executives looking for quality of production and storytelling.
The winner will receive their choice of a brand-new laptop with video editing software, or a $1,500 gift card. Plus, their PSA will air on local television.
- NO DISTRACTED DRIVING – We do not want anyone breaking the law or putting themselves in danger in the making of this video. If your video contains actual distracted driving, you will be disqualified.
- Colorado high school students must be in grades 9-12.
- PSAs must be 30 seconds in length.
- Entries will be judged on students’ abilities to analyze and address the topic and produce a quality video. Creativity is encouraged!
- All actors involved have agreed to be in the PSA, and allow their likeness to be used for the purposes of the PSA contest, knowing the PSA could appear on TV, on the internet, on www.McDivittLaw.com, and on McDivitt Law Firm’s social media accounts.
- Video must either be submitted via Youtube link, Vimeo link, or a Dropbox link.
- The URL to the PSA, along with all accurate information, must be submitted via the form located at https://www.mcdivittlaw.com/psa-contest by the deadline (Monday, May 1st)
Please be sure to review all of the rules and deadline information before beginning work on your PSA. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected], and good luck!